Peruvian Retirement Visa

Peruvian Retirement Visa

A Guide to Peruvian Visas

Part 7

Foreigners, who receive a state or private pension including social security pension, government pension, employment related pension, union pension, disability pension, etc., so lifetime annuities, other lifelong benefits or a permanent income for the rest of their life from royalties or dividends of at least US$ 1000 per month or the equivalent in any other currency can apply for a permanent residency in Peru called Rentista visa.

Be aware that rental income, income generated from remote / freelance work, capital gains, interests, etc. are not considered permanent income. To fulfill the requirement you must prove that you receive at least US$ 1000 per month "indefinitely", so for the rest of your life.

Additionally, you should know that you are not allowed to work or receive a remuneration for any kind of professional activity in Peru when living in the country on a retirement visa.

Content overview


Legal background for a retirement visa application in Peru

Where to apply for a retirement visa

Officially, you can apply for a retirement visa if you are still outside Peru or if you are already in the country, for example, as a tourist.

However, while for decades Peruvian consulates abroad handled residence visa applications from giving information and handing out the right forms to fill in, to accepting the application and, if approved, issuing the residence visa, since August 2021, the Peruvian diplomatic missions abroad only handle tourist and business visa applications and refer foreigners, who want to apply for a residence visa, to Migraciones in Peru.

So, foreigners, who can enter the country visa-free (so, who don’t have to apply for a “real” tourist visa at a Peruvian consulate), should come to Peru as a tourist and then change their immigration status - make a so called Cambio de calidad migratoria (as opposed to a Solicitud de calidad migratoria if you apply from outside Peru) - at Migraciones.

Those foreigners, who cannot enter Peru visa-free (so, who must apply for a “real” tourist visa at a Peruvian consulate), officially must apply for residency from outside Peru; a complicated, lengthy, and sometimes frustrating process. We explain in detail how it’s done in our article “Peruvian residence visa application from abroad”.

Foreign nationals who can travel to Peru visa-free, enter Peru as a tourist and then apply for their residence visa at Migraciones in Peru. However...

Important laws and regulations

For foreigners planning to stay longer in Peru and to apply for a resident visa, the most important laws and regulations are the Decreto Legislativo 1582, which is the current foreigner law and only stipulates general rules, the Decreto Supremo 002-2021-IN from 2021 and the TUPA (last updated October 22, 2023). Helpful as well is to check out the Peruvian government website. All these documents are, of course, in Spanish.

While below, under "Requirements for a retirement visa application in Peru" you find the necessary documents described in English, the official list of requirements (in Spanish) can be found, for example, in the Decreto Supremo 002-2021-IN on page 46 in article 92-B “Procedimiento administrativo de cambio de calidad migratoria rentista residente”. As the TUPA is always the more current official document, which contains slight changes compared to the Decreto Supremo, we recommend to use it when looking for the most current official information about the requirements in Spanish. You find the information on page 184, which is page 187 of the PDF.


Requirements for a retirement visa application in Peru

Below you find the requirements to apply for a retirement visa, accurately to make a so-called "Cambio de calidad migratoria" (change of immigration status) in Peru.

Please be aware that Migraciones has the right to request other and/or additional documents at any time.

Required documents to apply for a retirement visa include:

  • Passport
  • Antecedentes policiales, penales y judiciales (Police clearance certificate, criminal record and judicial matters check) from your home country or from the country where you legally lived (so with a resident visa) during the 5 years prior to coming to Peru showing that you don't have a record (*) + (**) + (***)
  • Letter / confirmation from your pension fund or social security stating that you receive a monthly income of at least US$ 1000 or the equivalent in any other currency. (***) + (****)
  • Interpol clearance - Ficha de canje internacional not older than 6 months (see below)
  • Sworn statement stating that your pension enters Peru through the banking system (*****)
  • Receipt for paid application fee (code Migraciones 07568; concept Cambio de calidad migratoria rentista residente, S/.161.40 since October 22, 2023)
  • "Recibo" (so a water or electricity bill proving your address; doesn't have to be in your name)
  • Form PA - Cambio de Calidad Migratoria (automatically filled in during application)

Explanatory notes for the requirements:

(*) As we get many question about the “Antecedentes policiales, penales y judiciales” we dedicated a separate article to the topic where we explain in detail what kind of document you need, where you get it and what to watch out for when applying for it.

One of the requirements to apply for a resident visa in Peru or to change your visa type, for example from a work visa to a permanent resident visa...

(**) That's the official requirement. However, Migraciones always requests the criminal record check from your home country. And, if they are made aware of the fact that you lived in another country during the 5 years prior to coming to Peru, sometimes additionally a check from this country.

(***) All foreign documents need an Apostille or, if the country in which they were issued, didn't sign the Apostille Convention have to be legalized by a Peruvian consulate abroad. Once in Peru, the document has to be translated into Spanish and in some cases legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

(****) Before (!!!) leaving your home country request the document from your pension fund or social security and get it apostilled if your country signed the Apostille Convention; otherwise, it has to be legalized by different authorities in your home country and the Peruvian consulate. The problem with both processes is that the letter needs an official signature to be apostilled or legalized. As most pension statements are generated automatically, they are usually not signed. So, it might be quite a mission in your home country to get it signed. US nationals, who get social security payments, can request a signed benefit verification letter for Apostille or authentication purposes from the US Social Security Administration.

(*****) With this sworn statement, you don't affirm that your pension payments are directly deposited into a Peruvian bank account, but that the money you need to live in Peru is "legally brought" into the country using official channels. So, you won't have any problem, for example, withdrawing funds from a foreign account using an ATM or having your pension deposited in an account in your home country and then transferring it to a Peruvian account (which you only get when you have your carné).

Applying for a retirement visa is a simple and straightforward process, but might be a little confusing here and there if you are not familiar with the process and the steps involved. Please see our step-by-step guide below, which should enable you to start and finish this little endeavor on your own, as general guidance only as requirements and processes change quickly. At least basic Spanish skills are required to fill in forms and understand instructions.


 Last steps before your retirement visa application in Peru

Hopefully, you brought the letter from your pension fund or social security as well as the criminal record check already apostilled or legalized - see requirements and (*), (**), (***) and (****) above.

Translation of foreign documents

Once in Peru, all documents issued abroad that are in a foreign language must be translated into Spanish. Even though officially no longer required and a simple translation should be enough (see Decreto Legislativo 1272 about simplified administration procedures) we highly recommend to use a certified translator in Peru, a so-called traductor publico juramentado. You find lists of these government-approved translators on the Peruvian government website. Just click under point 3 on the language of your original document and the list of translators for your language appears.

If your documents have an Apostille and were translated by one of the certified translators on the list according to the above mentioned Decreto Legislativo Migraciones should accept them without problems. However, most translators are still recommending an additional legalization of the translation by the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (RREE), as sometimes Migraciones doesn't apply the simplified administration procedures, rejects documents without the additional RREE legalization and explicitly asks the applicant to upload the apostilled and translated foreign documents this time with another legalization from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (RREE) in Lima or a RREE branch in the provinces.

So, if you want to skip the additional legalization by RREE, we highly recommend to keep an eye on your Migraciones electronic mailbox for notifications from Migraciones (see below).

If your documents aren't apostilled but legalized they must be legalized again after the translation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (RREE) in Lima or a RREE branch in the provinces.


But we are not ready yet. Before you can even start your retirement visa application process, you first have to get the so-called “Ficha de Canje Internacional” from Interpol in Peru. Find a detailed description of how it’s done in our article “Interpol - Ficha de Canje Internacional”.

All foreigners must present the "Ficha de Canje Internacional" to Migraciones when changing their immigration status, for example, from a temporary...

Paying the application fee

Once you have the Ficha and all documents together, pay the fee of S/ 162.50 for the Migraciones administrative procedure “Cambio de Calidad Migratoria” under code 07568 with concepto "Rentista residente". As you already paid the Interpol fee, you know how the systems works, otherwise check again in our article "Paying administration charges and processing fees in Peru".

All administration charges, processing fees and fines government agencies, public authorities and entities levy in Peru have to be paid at the Banc...

Last preparations

And last but not least, download the sworn statement and fill it in. Then make PDFs from your passport (page with your personal data), and from all other required documents (max size per document 3MB).

Finally, the time has come to apply for your retirement visa. Be aware that in case you need to leave the country during the processing time of your retirement visa application you have to apply for a special travel permit (Permiso especial de viaje, officially as well called Autorización de estadía fuera del país) before you leave the country, otherwise your application is null and void.

Foreigners in Peru who applied for a visa - to be precise who applied for a change of their immigration status (cambio de calidad migratoria) or a ...


Step-by-step guide to apply for a retirement visa in Peru

One remark before we start: The Agencia Digital, the online platform where you have to submit your application, is in Spanish only. We highly recommend to not using a translation program which automatically translates the page from Spanish to your preferred language to avoid system errors. And to avoid further system errors, we highly recommend to not using a VPN and switching off any ad blockers you might use.

Migraciones Agencia Digital

Once you have done all the preparation work, open the Migraciones Agencia Digital and click on Entrar.

On the next page, select "Extranjero". Then choose in the drop-down menu the document with which you entered Peru (most probably passport), enter your passport number, your birthdate, nationality, the date you entered Peru and the captcha. Click on Verificar.

No matter which forms you fill out in Peru, always enter your personal data exactly (!!!) as in your passport!

Now you are on the main page of the Agencia Digital. Here you can either use the search field or find in the menu on the left under “Cambio de calidad migratoria” the point "Rentista Residente". Click on it and proceed to the next page.

1st page of the retirement visa application

Here, you first have to select the Migraciones branch which should handle your application (for example, Lima, Cusco, Arequipa, …). In the second field, you must enter a “data update code” which you most probably don’t have. Below this field is a quite small link.

Click on it and you are re-directed to the Sistema de Actualizacion de Datos page. Choose Option 2. On the next page fill in your nationality, select the document with which you entered Peru (most probably passport), enter your passport number, and your birth date, select your gender and enter the captcha; you can leave the field with the "preinscription code" blank. Then you get to a quite extensive questionnaire.

Data update questionnaire

Be aware that you only have 1 hour to complete the questionnaire and as the system doesn’t save your information, even though there is an option to save, once you started you must finish it within an hour otherwise all your progress is gone, and you have to start from scratch. The questions are quite unorganized and partly a bit strange, so to give you an idea what questions you have to answer and might need to prepare for here an overview:

In the first two categories, you have to fill in your personal data including full name (as in your passport!), document with which you entered Peru, document number, gender, marital status, country of birth, if you have a criminal, police or judicial record, if you are pregnant.

The third category asks for your address in Peru, your e-mail address, cell phone number and landline phone number. Here you must upload a “recibo”, so a water or electricity bill to prove that you live at that address. The recibo doesn't have to be in your name, just must show the correct address.

Then you are asked for the information of an emergency contact, including ID, name and e-mail of your emergency contact. This is followed by questions about your employment situation and where you were born (continent, country, town).

In the next category, you have to enter your hair and eye color, height in meters, weight in kilograms, religion, marital status, date of marriage, vaccinations and if you have a disability or disease. You are then asked if you arrived in Peru alone or if someone was accompanying you. If so, you must enter the personal data (passport number, name, last name, birthdate) of that person. Now you are asked if you have lived in other countries previously and in which country before coming to Peru, when you last entered Peru, how you came to Peru (plane, bus, car).

The last questions check your living conditions (are you living in a house, number of rooms, accommodation connected to water, sewage, electricity, and internet), ask for some financial info (if you have a bank account in Peru; if you have taken out a loan in Peru; if you have a bank account in another country; if you hold shares in a company in Peru) and want to know if you have a car and a driver’s license in Peru or other country.

As soon as you have completed the last page of the questionnaire, the system accepts all your answers and sends the data update code to your e-mail.

You made it!

Back to the 1st page of the retirement visa application

Now fill in the data update code and click on Siguente.

2nd page of the retirement visa application

Here you must fill in some data and/or upload all for the retirement visa application necessary documents as PDF (max size per document 3MB).

Those who just want to verify the requirements or double check if the requirements have changed can do so on this page. Then just click through the tabs but do not upload any documents and do not click on Siguente; once you finished just leave the page.

To continue with your retirement visa application, click on the little arrows next to each requirement, and certain fields appear depending on the requirement. Just fill in the fields as requested and upload the corresponding document.

Under “Pago por derecho de tramite” you are asked to enter certain information of the bank receipt:

  • numero de recibo (number of the receipt) which is the "secuencia de pago" on the pagalo receipt
  • codigo de verficación (verification code) which is the "codigo control" on the pagalo receipt
  • fecha de recibo (date) which is the "fecha de operación" on the pagalo receipt.

If you don't know where to find the requested bank information on your receipt, click on the question mark.

Under the Documento de Identificación tab, select the document with which you entered Peru (in most cases passport), fill in required data and upload a copy.

Under the Interpol tab, you must upload the Ficha de Canje from Interpol and the criminal record check you brought from home. Be aware that both fields are mandatory, and you can’t continue without having uploaded both documents.

Under the next tab, you must upload the letter from your pension fund and below the sworn statement.

There is one last tab “Exceso de permanencia” (excess stay). If you apply when your stay in Peru is still valid, this tab has already a green check in front of it and you just leave it as it is.

If you, however, apply when your stay as a tourist is expired, open the tab and you should be able to upload the payment receipt for your overstayed days and a sworn statement explaining the reasons for their overstay. Once these two documents are uploaded the check in front of the tab should turn green. Before counting on this option please read our chapter Can I apply for a retirement visa when my stay as a tourist is expired? below.

Once you filled in all required fields and uploaded all your documents, there should be a green check in front of each tab. Click on Siguente.

3rd page of the retirement visa application

You then get to a page showing the fields of the Form PA - Cambio de Calidad Migratoria already filled in with your personal data. The only fields you can change here are your cell phone number and your e-mail address. If everything is correct, click on “Guardar datos y generar tramite” (Save data and generate procedure).

4th page of the retirement visa application

You now get the "Registro de Solicitud de Cambio de Calidad Migratoria" displayed on your screen. That's the confirmation of your successful application. Download and/or print the form and keep it safe (if downloading isn't possible, make a screenshot of the complete page, don't miss the second page)!!!

At the top right of the document under the bar code you find your Numero de expediente (file number), which sometimes is also called Numero de tramite. It consists of 2 letters (usually some abbreviation of the Migraciones office where you applied; LM for Lima, for example; or CY for Chiclayo, etc.) and 9 numbers. At the bottom of the first page, under the signature / fingerprint field, the Fecha de publicacion (application date) and a Codigo de verificacion (verification code) are shown.

If you later want to check the status of your application online, which can be done here or if you, for example, want to apply for a travel permit to leave the country while the approval of your application is still in process, you will need these numbers / codes.

Additionally, at the bottom of the first page you as well find your login data for the Migraciones electronic mailbox (see below).

Please note: a few of our readers commented that they couldn’t find the verification code and/or the login data for the electronic mailbox on the Registro de Solicitud de Cambio de Calidad Migratoria. So, before continuing check the Registro page carefully and look for the verification code and the login data. If they aren't there, once you make the appointment for the biometric data, you find a tab on your screen labeled "Cargo Tramite". If you click on it, your verification code and your login data should be displayed. Make a screenshot of the page and keep it safe.

Some other readers, who missed the "Cargo Tramite" tab, commented that after making the appointment they were able to download the Formulario PA - Cambio de calidad migratoria, which contained the verification code and the login data. So, if the Registro page wasn't displayed or if you can’t find the information on the Registro page, check the "Cargo Tramite" tab when making the appointment for your biometric data and/or later the Formulario before trying to get in contact with Migraciones.


Biometric data appointment

Following the confirmation of your visa application you are asked to make an appointment for having your biometric data (photo, fingerprints, signature) taken with a provided code. This code is your numero de expediente (file number).

As waiting times sometimes can be long, especially in Lima, we suggest following provided link and make the appointment immediately. If you want to make it at a later time, you can enter the Agencia Digital and make an appointment under "Citas en Linea", subpoint "para registro de datos biometricos".

On the day of your biometric data appointment, be at the Migraciones office you selected when making the appointment 15 - 30 minutes before your appointment with your documents. Usually you will only need your printed (!) appointment and passport, but to be prepared for any unforeseen events you may want to take the folder with all other documents with you.

At the door you just have to show your printed appointment and passport. At the Lima Migraciones office you get a ticket with a number on it. Then just join the line and wait until your number is shown on the screen. When it's your turn proceed to the counter where you have to sign on a signature pad, you are digitally fingerprinted and a biometric photo is taken.

Do not wear a white shirt or a top in light or pastel color! Migraciones might refuse to take your photo. Best wear a simple black shirt or something in a dark or strong color.

There were times when the process at the Migraciones office in Lima was quick and astonishingly well organized and you were done in less than half an hour. However, over the past few months some foreigners reported that their appointment time wasn't respected and they had to wait for anything between one and three hours until they made it to the counter where the process was quick and smooth. So, plan accordingly. At the Migraciones offices in the provinces, the whole process is usually quick and painless.

After your biometric data appointment, all you can do is check your Buzon electronico regularly and wait until you get a notification from Migraciones either telling you that they aren't happy with a document you uploaded or that a document is missing or that your visa is approved.


Buzon Electronico

The Buzon Electronico is your personal Migraciones electronic mailbox which you should check regularly for notifications from Migraciones (for example, request to upload missing or additional documents, approval or denial of your visa application, etc.).

You can access your Buzon by clicking on the "Buzon" button on the top of the main page of the Agencia Digital or by using this direct link. The username (usario) and password (contraseña) is on the "Registro de Solicitud de Cambio de Calidad Migratoria", the confirmation of your successful application (see above under 4th page).

Be aware that notifications sent via the buzon are considered "officially delivered". If you don't react to a deadline Migraciones usually gives in these notifications (in most cases only 5 days), your application can be dismissed. So, if you get a notication from Migraciones informing you that you haven’t uploaded a required document, that an uploaded document isn’t to their liking or they want an additional document, don’t waste any time.

If you have the document, make a PDF of it (max size 3MB) and upload it on the Agencia Digital. How this so-called Subsanación is done, is explained in our article “Subsanacion - Submitting documents”.

During the internal evaluation and approval process of any application on the Agencia Digital, Migraciones may discover that you haven’t uploaded a...

If you don’t have the document yet and won’t be able to submit it within the deadline, you still have to react and can apply for an extension of time to hand in the document later. The process is called “Solicitud de ampliación de plazos” and explained in our article "Extension of a Migraciones deadline".

During the internal evaluation and approval process of your visa application (Cambio de calidad migratoria) or of the application for the extension...


Approval of your retirement visa

Officially the processing time of residence visa applications is 30 business days. However, according to feedback we got from our readers, it usually takes around two to three months until you get a notification from Migraciones in your Buzon with the official resolution that your visa was approved.

Nevertheless, check your Buzon regularly as you might belong to the lucky ones that get their approval within three or four weeks after application. On the other hand, in case you haven't heard anything from Migraciones 4 months after your application, you should check with them what's going on.


Getting your carné (foreigner ID)

After 2 or 3 months (sometimes, if you are lucky, already after few weeks, or if Migraciones is busy, after only 4 months or so) you get a notification in your Buzon electronico informing you about the approval of your visa.

Usually, this first notification states to wait for further instructions on how to pick up your carné. So, once again check your Buzon regularly and wait for a second notification from Migraciones informing you about the "expedición de carné".

Officially Migraciones has another 30 business days counted from the approval of the visa to send this notification. However, some of our readers shared that they had to wait only a couple of days, others three or four weeks, and a few even 2 months. Either way as soon as you got the official notification that your carné is ready, get going. 

Enter the Agencia Digital. On the main page in the left menu under "Citas en linea", subpoint "para recojo de documentos" make an appointment to pick up your carné. Once again, download and print the confirmation and keep it safe.

Be aware that at some Migraciones offices in the provinces no appointment is needed.

On the day of your appointment, be at the Migraciones office you selected 15-30 minutes before your appointment.To pick up your carné you just need your passport and your printed appointment. Migraciones personal will point you in the right direction where you are handed your carné.

Congratulations! You made it!

To familiarize yourself with your carné we highly recommend to read our glossary article Carné de Extranjería - Peru’s ID Card for foreigners.


Things you should know living in Peru on a retirement visa

The retirement visa (so the residence permit) has an indefinite validity and does not have to be extended. However, be aware that the carné (so, the foreigner ID card) is usually only valid for four years and then has to be renewed. Our article "Renewal of the carné" explains how it's done.

When your Peruvian residence visa is approved, you get the Carné de Extranjería, your Peruvian foreigner ID. The carné, so the card (not the reside...

Foreigners living in Peru on a retirement visa have to be in the country at least 183 days per year, otherwise they lose their resident status. If you have to be outside the country longer, before leaving apply for the Autorización de estadía fuera del país por 183 días, and won't lose your residence permit.

If you are living in Peru on a retirement visa, you are not allowed to work or receive a remuneration for any kind of professional activity in Peru.

Your pension payments are exempted from taxation in Peru.

If any information provided when applying for your retirement visa changes, Migraciones must be informed about it within 30 days. So, if you get a new passport, change your name, move to a new address, etc. you have to apply for a so-called "Actualización de datos". Be aware that, in some cases, a new carné has to be issued after the application is approved. The process is explained in our article “Update your information in the Migraciones database”.

If any of your information, which is printed on your carné or which is registered in the Migraciones database, changes, you must apply for a so-cal...

As you already have an unlimited residence permit, you can't change to the Peruvian "Permanente residente" visa.

And finally, if you, as a foreigner living in Peru on a retirement visa, are leaving Peru permanently, you have to cancel your residence visa. Once the application is approved, you have 15 days to exit the country.


Other FAQs

Can I apply for a retirement visa if my stay as a tourist is expired?

For years, you had to be in Peru on a valid visa / stay, for example, as a tourist to apply for any temporary or residence visa, precisely to make the Cambio de calidad migratoria.

But during the visa application on the Migraciones online platform there is a tab labeled "Exceso de permanencia" (excess stay), which suggests that foreigners who overstayed their time as a tourist in Peru can still apply for a Cambio de calidad migratoria and just have to upload a payment receipt for their overstayed days and a sworn statement explaining the reason for their overstay.

While in November 2022 Migraciones informed us in writing that this tab does not apply when you change your immigration status from tourist (!) to rentista, at the beginning of 2023 one of our readers reported that someone at Migraciones suggested this option. So, he could apply for his residence visa while being in Peru on an expired stay as a tourist. He uploaded the payment receipt for his overstay fine and a brief explanation why he couldn't apply on time (criminal record check took many months), could finish his application and a couple of months later, Migraciones approved his visa.

Hearing this, we tried to find out more. A few other foreigners in the same situation confirmed that someone at Migraciones they spoke to suggested this option, but our search for any official confirmation in writing that you can apply for a residence visa while being in Peru on an expired stay as a tourist was in vain.

As Migraciones doesn't have an e-mail address anymore where they answer such questions in writing, we called and first were told "No, you have to be in the country on a valid stay". Then when we asked the lady we were talking to more detailed questions, she seemingly quickly spoke to someone else, and then suddenly said "Yes, it is possible.", but she couldn't give us any further details. The whole call didn't really inspire confidence.

So, at the moment (February 2024) officially you still have to be in the country on a valid stay to apply and therefore we can't guarantee that it's possible to change your immigration status from tourist to rentista if you are in Peru on an expired stay as a tourist.

We always recommend to not overstay and, in case you plan to apply for a residence visa but don't have all required documents yet, instead of overstaying suggest applying for your visa before your stay as a tourist expires using a little trick. We explain how it's done below.

If for whatever reason you can't apply while your stay as a tourist is valid, it might be worth personally checking with Migraciones if you can apply despite being in the country on an expired stay before you leave the country and try to return to "renew" your stay as a tourist.

If you have any current information about this topic or would like to share your experience, please let us know either using the comment function at the end of this very long article or our contact form. Thank you!

Can I apply for a retirement visa if I don't have all the required documents?

Officially, no, you can't as on the Agencia Digital, the Migraciones online platform where you have to apply, the fields to upload the required documents are mandatory and you can't continue with and finish your application without having uploaded all documents.

But, even though we can't and won't recommend it, if your stay as a tourist is about to expire and you must apply until a certain date, depending on the document that you don't have yet, there might be a possibility to "cheat" the system. However, you should have a solid plan to get the document as required, because the time to present it is limited. And here, how it's done.

Follow the instructions of our Step-by-step guide to apply for a retirement visa in Peru until you are on the 2nd page of the retirement visa application. Here you must fill in some data and/or upload all for the retirement visa application necessary documents as PDF.

If you don't have, for example, your criminal record check: Under the Interpol tab, you must upload the Ficha de Canje from Interpol and the "Antecedentes" (criminal record check). Both fields are mandatory, and you cannot continue with and finish the application without having uploaded both documents. As you can't leave the field for the Antecedentes blank anymore, you must upload something in the Antecedentes field. One of our readers just uploaded the Ficha de Canje a second time, another reader wrote a letter explaining that he is waiting for his criminal record check from his home country and uploaded this letter instead of his background check. So, upload a "document" there that makes sense.

The same applies if, for example, you don't have your Ficha de Canje from Interpol, because you couldn't get an appointment in time. Instead of the Ficha upload, for example, a letter explaining your situation and your appointment confirmation.

Or if you have the document, but not yet the Apostille or translation, you could upload the document as it is.

Then continue to upload all other required documents and finish the application process as described in our Step-by-step guide above.

On the 4th page of your retirement visa application you get the "Registro de Solicitud de Cambio de Calidad Migratoria" with the "numero de expediente" (your file number), the "fecha de publicacion" (application date) and a "codigo de verificacion" (verification code) displayed on your screen. That's the confirmation of your successful application. You made it. As soon you have this confirmation, your time as a tourist stops and even if your stay as a tourist expires during the processing time of your visa application you won't have any problem.

Now, depending how quickly Migraciones reviews your application and documents, the following happens:

As you haven't uploaded all required documents or not in the form Migraciones requires, Migraciones will send you a notification (can be as quick as a few days after your application or a month, two or three later) requesting that you upload the document. Be aware that these notifications, which are send through the Buzon electronico, are considered officially delivered. Usually, Migraciones only gives you a short deadline of 5 to 10 days to upload the requested document. You must react to the notification, even if it's on the last day of the deadline they gave you (which might be wise to do if you still need more time), otherwise your application could be dismissed.

If you have the document in the correct form when you receive the notification, just upload it. How it's done is explained in our article “Subsanacion - Submitting documents”.

During the internal evaluation and approval process of any application on the Agencia Digital, Migraciones may discover that you haven’t uploaded a...

If you still don't have the document at the end of the deadline Migraciones gave you, then you can apply for an extension of the deadline (max. 30 days). The process is called Ampliacion de plazos and explained in our article “Extensions of a Migraciones deadline”.

During the internal evaluation and approval process of your visa application (Cambio de calidad migratoria) or of the application for the extension...

In case you have the document ready before you hear from Migraciones you can upload it immediately on the Agencia Digital under Subsanacion. But we were told by others, who went through the process that they still got a notification later to upload the document again. So, best just wait until you get the official notification.

If you decide to go that route, check your Buzon regularly and, if necessary, react to any notification! And, while this "cheating" worked for many others, things might change and Migraciones could dismiss your application (which you could appeal). Anyway, be aware that it will definitely delay the approval of your visa by weeks or even months.


Please note: We from LimaEasy are not the Peruvian immigration authority Migraciones or a Peruvian consulate. All information is published to our best knowledge and should be seen as general guidance introducing you to Peruvian procedures. All information is subject to change, as regulations, requirements, and processes can change quickly without prior notice! Therefore, we recommend checking the current regulations with the nearest Peruvian consulate or, if you are already in Peru, with Migraciones!

And if you find something wrong on this page, please help us to keep this guide as up to date as possible and contact us either below with a comment or use our contact form. Thank you!

Say something here...
characters left
or post as a guest
All comments MUST be in English and will be moderated before publishing.
They will appear below within 24 hours.
Loading comment... The comment will be refreshed after 00:00.
  • This commment is unpublished.
    Ben · 08/12/2021
    Hello! I am a 24 year old American considering moving to Peru. I've read a lot about the retirement visa and would like to ask a question. Due to a medical malpractice lawsuit, I have an annuity that pays me around $1600 USD every month, as far as I can tell for the rest of my life. If this is the case, would I be eligible to get this visa? It says private or government pension, but I'm not sure this counts as a pension. I'm assuming that it matters.
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 09/12/2021
      Hie Ben,

      Sorry for getting back to you so late.

      The decision if your annuity is accepted is in the hands of Migraciones or a Peruvian consulate and may as well depend on who is paying it. Personally, I think, yes with your annuity you should be able to apply for a rentista visa in Peru. However, to be on the safe side I would contact the nearest Peruvian consulate; they should be able to give you a definite answer.

  • This commment is unpublished.
    David Martin · 17/11/2021
    FYI, my friend in AQP told me to Google seguros para adultos mayores en Peru, and a bunch of https links popped up like this one: https://queplan.pe.  Must have been a change in the law, but would ever know it in Peru.  So, see what you think.
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 17/11/2021
      @David Martin Interesting, thank you for sharing. I tried it out, entering "man, 75 years in Arequipa" and it showed a few options. Can't believe it.
  • This commment is unpublished.
    David Martin · 13/11/2021
    Among the dozens of hurdles, here is another: insurance. Maybe it's easy for those under 65 to apply for private insurance in Peru, quite apart from the government system, but if you're over 75, I'd say it's impossible and one would be stuck with the government system which, let's face it, is ranked fairly low. I did find one group in Lima, but I would be in Arequipa. This is likely a deal breaker, but let's see if anyone knows more about this than I do. Thanks
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 14/11/2021
      @David Martin
      Hello David,

      yes, you are absolutely right. Finding a private health insurance in Peru if you are over 65 or 70 is difficult, over 75 nearly impossible. However, there are two options you could try.

      Many private clinics in Peru offer their own health plans. So, it might be worth checking out some private hospitals in Arequipa, such as Clinica San Pablo, Sanna/Clinica del Sur Arequipa or Clinica Arequipa, and see if and what they offer for this age group.

      Or the other option would be to check out expat / global health insurance providers covering Peru.

  • This commment is unpublished.
    David Encersen · 25/10/2021
    Dear you wrote: Please be aware that you are not allowed to work or receive a remuneration for any kind of professional activity in Peru. My question is, what is, if i do, trading with stocks on stockmarket and make some few transactions individual not commerical and not professional, maybe 5-10 transaction to rebalance my portfolio. With a win so that i have also to pay a Capital Gain, Will be this complicated ? Allowed? What are you reccomend me? Dont touche, buy and hold still getting the Peruan Citizien. Iam also not allowed to buy Property to get a passive Income nor to rent some appartements on Airbnb ? Please need some advises.
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 26/10/2021
      @David Encersen Hello David,

      Foreigners living in Peru on a retirement visa are exempted from the tax liability, so they can’t earn any money in Peru. As far as I’m aware, this includes generating capital and stock market gains in Peru as well as earning rental income in Peru (however, you can buy a property in Peru with no problems).

      I‘m not a tax or financial specialist and therefore highly recommend contacting one who knows all this stuff and the implications by heart, but you could, for example, trade with stocks outside Peru and have any gains deposited into an account outside Peru.

      If you plan to apply for Peruvian citizenship in a few years, things are completely different. Then you, of course, can work, earn whatever you want, but must pay taxes in Peru for any income generated in Peru and worldwide. Here as well, I can only recommend getting legal advice from a specialist.

  • This commment is unpublished.
    David Herron · 30/09/2021
    I am an older senior in Tucson, AZ, starting the process for Ecuadoran residency, but preferring Peru for different reasons. Many stumbling blocks, but one of the most confusing is police clearance. I understand the Interpol ficha, but it is entirely unclear if I need to obtain an apostilled FBI report (usually electronic through a channeler) with 6 months "vigencia" as well. What's the $18.00 for if not an FBI report, apparently initiated by Interpol? 
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 30/09/2021
      @David Herron
      While for years a sworn statement that you have a clean record was sufficient, the new Foreigner Law explicitly states that everyone applying for a residency in Peru must present a "police clearance certificate, criminal record and judicial matters check issued in the country of origin". And over the last few weeks we got feedback that Migraciones enforces this new rule and won't accept the sworn statement anymore.

      Additionally, you have to pay Interpol in Peru a visit to get the "ficha de canje" which certifies that you aren't an internationally wanted fugitive, so haven't got an international wanted persons notice (Red Notice). That's all MIgraciones wants.

      The money order in the amount of US$ 18 was / is for an additional check from the the federal police body, in your case the FBI; this check has nothing to do with Migraciones and I don't know why US, Canadian and Australian nationals have to do it. Doesn't make sense to me and with the new rules in place shouldn't be necessary anymore, but Interpol still request the money order.
    • This commment is unpublished.
      David Herron · 30/09/2021
      @Sunflower This is much appreciated. It may solve the problem if "police clearance certificate, criminal record and judicial matters check issued in the country of origin" means FBI background check, which is required by Ecuador and is apostilled in DC. I have no problem with that. However, if it means something else, then I don't know. AZ is one of those states that does not issue a background check, i.e., closed state. Won't do it. There is a workaround for Eca, however. Pima County is probably doable, but useless, and not sure what "criminal check is" unless it's the FBI Identity Summary.

      So, just have so see what others are doing.  But thanks.
  • This commment is unpublished.
    Tania · 28/09/2021
    I can’t thank you enough for how helpful this site was in getting me through the process of my rentista visa ! It was the best and most accurate information I found anywhere on the internet at the time.

     I too am from California as Paul who commented in July. The Peruvian consulate in San Francisco told me my proof of pension needed to be apostilled at the state capital in Sacramento. I called and spoke with a super helpful person. She said to bring a letter from my pension and for me to write a declaration stating that the amount I receive stated in the letter is accurate and then sign it. They stapled the documents together and apostilled my sworn statement and this was accepted at immigration in Peru with no problem. 

    The only thing that stumped me during this whole rentista visa process in Peru was having my pension check enter a bank there. The banks would not allow me to open an account with a tourist visa. In the end I just wrote and signed a paper saying that I was withdrawing my money through the banks in Peru (I use banco de la Nacion atm, charges no fee) from my U.S. bank. This was accepted and I was approved for the rentista visa.

    My question is concerning the 6 month requirement. If for whatever reason I failed to comply, an emergency in my home country or other un expected situation, I understand the visa would be revoked. Would there be an option of accepting a fine for passing the 6 months ? If not, would I be able to reapply ? Would I have to wait a period of time before they would allow me to apply again ?
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 28/09/2021
      @Tania Hello Tania,

      Thank you so much for the praise. You really made my day. I’m happy that our article helped you get through the visa application.

      Thank you as well for taking the time to share your experience with us. And you are right, the “Sworn statement stating that your pension enters Peru through the banking system” is confusing, so I will update the article, hopefully making it clearer and explain available and accepted options.

      Regarding your questions: You are correct, while you now have an indefinite residency status in Peru, you must stay in Peru at least 183 days per year, otherwise you will lose your residency. There is no option to pay a fine if you are outside of Peru longer.

      However, if for whatever reasons you have to be outside Peru for a longer period of time, you can apply for a special authorization, the so-called “Autorización de estadía fuera del país”; be aware that you must apply for it before leaving Peru.

      This authorization is intended for:

      a) foreigners having to leave Peru during the approval process of their residence visa or during the extension process of the residence visa (which doesn’t apply to you)

      b) foreigners with a valid residency who have to leave Peru for more than 183 days (see Decreto Supremo 002-2021-IN, page 21 of the document under 67.2.2). If granted, you can stay outside Peru for up to 365 consecutive days.

      If you didn't apply for the authorization before leaving Peru and stayed outside longer than 183 days, you will lose your residence status. You then enter Peru as a tourist and can re-apply immediately, but of course need to fulfill the then current requirements (including new Interpol clearance, new letter from your pension fund, new sworn statements, etc.).

    • This commment is unpublished.
      Tania · 28/09/2021
      @Sunflower Thank you for your reply Eva. The praise is well deserved, your article gave us the confidence to apply for the visa on our own.

       When my husband and I arrived in Peru we went to immigration to get a list of requirements for the visa to make sure nothing had changed. The list too said the pension had to enter a bank in Peru. Thankfully they accepted the wording of our statement.

      We actually were in the middle of the process when the pandemic hit. We stayed in Peru til the visa was approved then returned to U.S. in December before the 2nd wave hit Peru to be with family. It was initially decreed that during the state of emergency in Peru the 183 day limit would not be enforced. We are still in the U. S. at this time. I understand that recently a new decree was passed that beginning August 20, 2021 they would start counting the days again for any Rentista Visa resident outside of Peru. Is this correct ?
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 29/09/2021
      @Tania Yes, that's the way I interpret the new decree for rentistas well; counting from the day the decree went into effect you should have half a year to reenter. However, I hope that the immigration officer you have to face, when returning to Peru, agrees.
  • This commment is unpublished.
    Mikael · 28/08/2021
    I received the Rentista Visa. And wait for the card. So after 2 years I can apply for citizenship, right? Without paying a fee during these 2 years. Don't want you to tell me you should have done this and that, and this was due, so it wasn't possible. For others who have the other types of visa, even if they switch to permanent, the 183-day rule always applies. The woman from Migraciones on the receiver said that I could then switch to permanent so I was confused.
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 28/08/2021
      @Mikael Hello Mikael,

      As said before, I didn’t get your question and it seems to me that your point got lost in translation. You said you got a retirement visa and asked for a change to a permanent (visa) which is pointless as the retirement visa is a permanent visa. Now you are talking about applying for Peruvian citizenship, a completely different thing.

      And I still don’t understand which 183 days rule you are referring to. Regarding the retirement visa (and other permanent residence visas) the only rule is that you have to stay in Peru for 183 days within a 365-day period. You can’t overstay your retirement visa. It’s impossible, as the visa allows you to live in Peru indefinitely. That’s the facts, no matter what someone at Migraciones told you. And I don’t know which fee you are talking about. As you can’t overstay (the retirement visa is NOT limited in time, but valid for an indefinite period), there is no overstaying fee. And as you don’t have to extend the retirement visa, there is no fee for extending. Sorry, I don’t get it. Once you get your card, have a look at it. On the front you will find “indefinido”.

      And no, I’m not telling anyone what to do. I’m sharing my knowledge here on this page trying to make things easier for foreigners in Peru and, if necessary, offering my help to people like you to get an insight into Peruvian bureaucracy, answer questions to the best of my knowledge and clarify uncertainties based on my experience and current Peruvian laws and regulations.

      As I have the feeling that we talk past one another, it’s probably the best that for your planned application to become a Peruvian citizen you read the Ley de Nacionalidad No. 26574 and the changes of it published in the Supreme Decree 002-2021-IN (starting on page 53).

  • This commment is unpublished.
    Mikael · 28/08/2021
    Hello, once time i got the rentista visa can i change to permanet? If yes, still the rule 183 Days, will be valid or, can overstay? 
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 28/08/2021
      @Mikael Hello Mikael,

      I’m not sure if I understand your question correctly. The retirement visa is a permanent, indefinite residency that doesn’t have to be extended. So, once you get it, you can legally stay in the country as resident forever; at least if you are not outside Peru for more than 183 consecutive days per year (if you have to leave Peru for a longer period, you can apply for a special authorization allowing you to be abroad for up to a year).

      So, it’s impossible to overstay your retirement visa (this is a problem you might have with a tourist or other temporary visa). The only thing you have to make sure is to not “understay”, so to be in Peru for at least half a year in a 365-day period.

      Greetings Eva
  • This commment is unpublished.
    Selina · 11/08/2021
    another blog told this visa does not even exist! This was very helpful, thanks! but sadly as all Latin countries it,s an overwhealming process, same for Panama or Nicaragua...the Apostilles and the way they treat people is awful! like we are all criminals that wanna hide something! 
    thanks for that info! Peru is mostly tax free on foreign income, i say mostly bcs that might not count for all expats🤷‍♀️
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 11/08/2021
      @Selina Hello Selina,

      I can't comment on the quality of other websites; but we try our best to explain the sometimes complicated and confusing Peruvian bureaucratic processes as simply and correctly as possible, so our readers get an insight in what's awaiting them.

      You should be aware that Peru is one of the countries worldwide with the easiest regulations to get a retirement visa. It might seem overwhelming at first, but once you are sure your destination is Peru and you get organized, it's just a matter of working one step at a time until you reach your goal: a permanent residency in Peru. Will there be times you think you can’t make it? Most probably. Will there be times you will be fed up with the whole process and be distressed? Most probably. Will there be times you feel treated unfairly? Most probably. But as many, many people before you can make it. And having to get an Apostille on a document, which just certifies its authenticity for the use in another country, might be annoying, but is international standard. How else would, for example, a Peruvian immigration officer know that your Austrian pension statement is a valid document and not designed by yourself on your computer?

      Anyway, before deciding to make Peru or any other country your permanent home, I highly recommend visiting first and getting to know the country and people. The European style “warm clean place and affordable prices” you are looking for as described in your second comment which I can’t publish (sorry, no relation to Peru or the retirement visa and testing the limits of our submission guidelines) might not be that easy to find in Peru without compromising a bit. Additionally, you should be aware that once you leave your home country, you are the foreigner in your new, adopted country where it is expected that you follow the country’s rules and regulations (even though they might be strange or annoying to you) and accept the way things are done without complaining. Sometimes, a difficult task.

      I really hope that you find the right place for you soon. If it’s Peru, and you have any more questions, feel free to contact me again.

    • This commment is unpublished.
      Selina · 11/10/2021
      @Sunflower Hi, Eva! thanks dor your friendly reply and all the hard worl you put into. I.m well aware of the hurdles, it is just a very big pile in comparsion to what the EU asks for, so i basically threw that difference eith me back in my mind while typing.
      Clean and warm, when you know all the problems clean countries like Austria have here i. Europe, you might understand that I did not expect heaven.And yes, I basically follow the rules in countries i visit🤷‍♀️the written and unwritten ones.
      But thanks for your warnings, too many just see the colorful pretty tourist/holiday side even when there and break into tears when confronted with every day life , which is basically the same everywhere.
      Best wishes from Austria, which is starting to slide into winter mode now🤣Selina
      and yes, your info is the best and most accurate so far...my questioning was not a critic but just a question, bsc i really found the "nonretirement option" on several infosites.
      take cae! 
    • This commment is unpublished.
      Selina · 11/10/2021
      @Sunflower and no: In Austria print forms from public ofgices have mot such a low quality that you can fake them on a common printer, they have a digital signature, are printed according to a standardized morm, same for police record clearance and such,...so i was not aware that in ,many countries it,s still not daily standard to use forms from their national PrintingAgency.
      it has become worse, yes...but i can..honestly spoken...even print that Apostille i got in Austria too🤷‍♀️
      the other point people are rarely aware of is that besides the EU and Canada basically no other public service provides multi lingual service! so for people like me with low Spanish knowledge it.s all a bit frightening...so i brush it up☺️and pay a lawyer to help me...these few hundreds are worth having a smooth ride through the process, the rest so far is : collecting your papers, collecting your Apostilles and stamps, then do everything in the given order( it.s just step by step and mot all at once...but that didfers from country to country) ...the embassy in Vienna is very friendly and helpful! you even can read the good reviews online...☺️giving them a call is no problem here either( a sorted list of points for wuestions and something to take notes is essential, don.t overrun the friendly personell with confusing calls!) SR
  • This commment is unpublished.
    Paul · 28/07/2021
    July 28, 2021 - I like the clarity of this article, very helpful.  I am in this process and the getting the apostille from the Department of State for my Social Security benefits letter has a strong learning curve.  I had hope with your recommendation to call the US Embassy in Lima and they said they do not do this and the website also says they do not do notary services for Social Security documents. Now my local Social Security office California needs to convince the District office in S.F. that they are the only ones that can help me.  They said they stopped doing it and sent me to "Social Security International Operations".  When I did, they made it clear to my local office they do not do this.  I hope too make progress next week.  I can share more if helpful.  
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 28/07/2021
      @Paul Thank you so much for sharing your experience so far. And yes, please let us know about your progress. I'm sure that many of our readers have the same obstacles to overcome and are thankful for any insight. As far as I was told, the US Social Security benefits letter is a federal government document and only can get the Apostille from the Secretary of the District of Columbia in Washington, DC or the US Department of State in Washington, DC not any district office. What a shame that the US embassy doesn't seem to be of any help on these matters anymore. I wish you all the best and hopefully quick success.
    • This commment is unpublished.
      David Herron · 30/09/2021
      @Sunflower A notary handling my apostilles in Arizona contacted both the SS district office (Tucson) and a colleague in DC. No to both for official signatures. Ecuador will allow self-sworn SS benefits letter, but I suppose not Peru.
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 30/09/2021
      @David Herron You are right. As many people from different countries have the problem that the statements are not signed, at least before Corona some embassies (including the US embassy in Lima) confirmed the authenticity of the document. The embassy didn't notarize the document, but issued a letter stating that this is an official US SS statement valid without signature; and Migraciones accepted that.
    • This commment is unpublished.
      David Herron · 30/09/2021
      @Sunflower Thanks for the input. Gets to be more trouble than it's worth, assuming cooperation of US Embassy on this, but then it has to be notarized and apostilled (AZ Secy of State, I guess), and then translated besides. Again, EC will take my signature on it, then notarized, then apostilled by AZ Secy of State.  Begins to look like too many hoops for an almost 80 year old.
  • This commment is unpublished.
    Uri Barg · 19/07/2021
    Hi I was wondering if would be able to obtain a rentista visa in Peru through income of rental properties in my country... any idea if it is possible? 
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 19/07/2021
      @Uri Barg Even though lots is possible n Peru, as far as i'm aware rental income unfortunately isn't accepted. You need to have proof of an "official", regular and permanent income such as a pension, other official benefits, bank assets that generate interests, dividends from a company or similar.
    • This commment is unpublished.
      David Herron · 30/09/2021
      @Sunflower This comment is the most helpful after trying to clarify through dubious Internet sources for awhile, now. I expect a gross SS of $1102, including the 2022 COL, BUT, the Medicare premium reduces to a gross less than the required. HOWEVER, my trust fund is doing well with principal around $xxx. I get monthly interest/dividends around $xxx and have for years. Would such combination (of course with notarized and apostilled bank letter from Trust Officer, an attorney) be a workaround acceptable to Migracion? What do you think?
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 30/09/2021
      @David Herron
      Hello David,

      I deleted the amount of your trust fund and monthly generated interest; nothing the whole world needs to know.

      Anyway, if on the statement of your SS medicare is deducted and you fall under the US$ 1000 limit, yes you can combine the SS with your monthly interests and Migraciones should accept it.
    • This commment is unpublished.
      David Herron · 30/09/2021
      @Sunflower Very helpful to me and other readers, as well. Thanks so much.
  • This commment is unpublished.
    Salith · 03/06/2021
    This is interesting. But I was looking to know the options of Nomad visa. Seems like this will qualify for that purpose. 
    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 12/06/2021
      @Salith Unfortunately, Peru doesn’t have a visa type for digital nomads. And the retirement visa is only in a few cases a work-around. To get a rentista visa, you need to prove a regular and permanent income (pension, other official benefits, bank assets that generate interests, dividends from a company or similar) of at least US$ 1000 a month. Additionally, the retirement visa doesn’t allow you to work or make money in Peru; so your earnings can’t directly be deposited in Peru.

      Another option for digital nomads to get residency in Peru is to set up a company and then employ yourself, which allows you to apply for a work visa as an employee of your own company. While it’s a quite straightforward process, there are still a few hurdles to conquer, especially if you aren’t used to Peruvian bureaucracy and procedures. So if you want to go this way, I highly recommend using an experienced immigration lawyer and / or notary to help you get everything done.
    • This commment is unpublished.
      Salith · 13/06/2021
      @Sunflower I appreciate your reply. I would also need to look the tax rates for setting a company and individual taxes. But thank you for your reply!!!

    • This commment is unpublished.
      • LimaEasy
      · 14/06/2021
      @Salith Yes, you are right. Taxes are one of the many things you have to consider when setting up a company in Peru. Therefore, it is important to inform yourself in detail about all the little obligations and specifics before choosing this way. To give you a general overview, you can find an introduction into Peruvian Company & Corporation types, How to set up a company and Corporate Considerations in our Business Guide under Business Information; https://www.limaeasy.com/peru-guide/business-guide-peru/business-information. For all the little details we highly recommend talking to a pro. All the best.

Peru Newsflash

Peru Event Calendar

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Latest Content...

Latest Video

Maria Reiche - Memories

Maria Reiche - Memories

Submitted by: Tintin
05 December 2021

Long Reads...

  • Peruvian Archaeology

    The Mystery of the Nazca Lines in Peru

    In the 1920s, when people first flew across southern Peru, they made an astonishing discovery. Stretching below them,…
  • Peruvian Personalities & Founders

    Francisco Pizarro González (1474-1541)

    Francisco Pizarro, a peasant from Spain, was one of the least well-equipped conquerors in history. However, in the name…
  • Peruvian Archaeology

    The colorful Fabrics and Textiles of Peru

    Europe’s first knowledge of Peruvian textiles was acquired following the Spanish invasion of Peru in 1532, when the…
  • Peruvian Legends, Myths & Tales

    The Jeweled Frog and the Condor

    By a quiet pond, at the side of a cloud-topped mountain in Peru, lived a small green frog and his large green family.…
  • Peru Info

    Peruvian Economy

    The Peruvian economy is an emerging, social market economy highly dependent on foreign trade and classified as an upper…