- This commment is unpublished.· 15/11/2023@Lee TaylorHello Lee,not having done the biometric data appointment has nothing to do that you don't have the verification code. Are you sure, you don't have it? Probably just missed it.The verification code is on the document "Registro de Solicitud de Cambio de Calidad Migratoria" (the confirmation of your successful application), which was displayed on your screen after you uploaded all necessary documents on the Agencia Digital.At the top right of the document under the bar code you find your Numero de expediente (file number). It consists of 2 letters (usually some abbreviation of the Migraciones office where you applied; LM for Lima, for example; or CY for Chiclayo, etc.) and 9 numbers.At the bottom of the first page, under the signature / fingerprint field, the Fecha de publicacion (application date) and a Codigo de verificacion (verification code) are shown.If you didn't get that document, which sometimes happens, you can contact Migraciones using the video conference call option. Within minutes they can get you the correct verification code.And yes, another option could be to get the travel permit directly at the airport.GreetingsEva
Foreigners in Peru who applied for a visa - to be precise who applied for a change of their immigration status (cambio de calidad migratoria) or a change of their visa type (cambio de clase de visa) - as well as those who applied for an extension of their residence visa can only leave the country during the processing time of their application with a special travel permit, the so called Permiso especial de viaje, officially as well known as Autorización de estadía fuera del país por 30 dias.
While for years those that had to or wanted to travel outside Peru during the processing time of their application had to pay the Migraciones office a visit to apply for the permit in person before their travel, in March 2018 the application process was simplified and now can be easily and quickly done online on the Migraciones Agencia Digital.
- Requirements for the travel permit
- How to apply for the travel permit
- Applying for the travel permit at the airport
- Form PA - Autorizaciones y Permisos (automatically filled in during your application)
- The approval of your visa application or extension of your resident visa is in process when you want to travel (you will need the numero de expediente, fecha de publicacion and verification code).
Since October 22, 2023 the application for the travel permit is free of charge!
Be aware that you must apply for the travel permit before (!!!) leaving the country, otherwise your application is null and void. Migraciones recommends applying 48 - 72h before you travel outside the Peru.
Open the Migraciones Agencia Virtual and click on Entrar.
On the next page, select "Extranjero". Then choose in the drop-down menu the document with which you entered Peru (most probably passport), enter your passport number, your birthdate, nationality, the date you entered Peru and the captcha. Click on Verificar.
Now you are on the main page of the Agencia Digital. Here you can either use the search field or find in the menu on the left under "Permisos" the point "Especial de viaje". Click on it and you get this.
Then just fill in required fields:
- Tipo de tramite: Enter the type of your application, for example, cambio de calidad migratoria
- Numero de expediente: Enter the file number of your application (consists of 2 letters and 9 numbers), which is on the "Registro de Solicitud de Cambio de Calidad Migratoria" document (the confirmation of your application), which was displayed on your screen at the end of your visa application and you hopefully saved. You find the Numero de expediente on the document at the top under the bar code.
- Fecha de publicacion: Enter the application date (at the bottom of the confirmation).
- Codigo de verificacion: Enter the verification code, which you can find at the bottom of the "Registro de Solicitud de Cambio de Calidad Migratoria" document.
- Correo electronico: Enter your e-mail address
- Ingrese codigo de imagen: Enter the displayed Captcha
Click on Siguiente. On the next page fill in your departure date.
The system then automatically completes the period your permit is valid (departure date + 30 days).
Click on Siguiente and you get a confirmation of your application displayed on your screen. Download and/or print the page and keep it safe.
The travel permit is usually sent to you within 48h. Best print two copies of it. One is given to the immigration officer when you leave the country, the other one when you return.
The Permiso especial de viaje / Autorización de estadía fuera del país is only good for one exit and one re-entry. It is valid for 30 days counted from the departure date you indicated and can’t be extended. If you stay outside the country longer, the application of your visa or visa extension is canceled.
If you have problems with the application or forgot to apply in time there is another option to get the travel permit. At least since the beginning of 2023, at Lima's Jorge Chavez International Airport in Callao you can as well get the travel permit just before leaving the country.
After checking in and clearing the security check, proceed to the immigration control counters. Just before immigration there is a small glass office where foreigners who overstayed their stay as tourist can pay the fine. But there you can also get the travel permit. Printed instructions on how it's done are stuck on the wall.
You just have to pay the fee for the travel permit there (or pay online on pagalo.pe, you then must send them the receipt by e-mail) and you need the numero de expediente, fecha de publicacion and verification code. The staff then applies for you and you are handed two copies of the travel permit within 10 to 15 minutes.
As things change quickly in Peru and as systems aren't always reliable and available when you need them, we highly recommend to only use the airport option in case you have problems applying yourself on the Agencia Digital or if you forgot to apply in time.