- This commment is unpublished.· 12/04/2023@jennyHello Jenny,You have a valid residence visa and a carné de extranjería which allows you to sign contracts. You do not need a permission to sign contracts.This is only necessary for foreigners who are in Peru as a tourist or on a temporary visa without having a carné temporal migratorio.So, you are absolutely fine to sign the contract. Nothing you have to do.GreetingsEva
- This commment is unpublished.· 14/04/2023@Sunflower Thank you so much for clarifying! I couldn't find that information anywhere, this website always is so helpful. thanks for doing what you do!
- This commment is unpublished.· 14/04/2023@jennyAlways happy to help.Good luck with your new job.Eva
If foreign visitors, who are in Peru as a tourist, or temporary visa holders who haven't applied for a CTM, need to sign a legally binding document (such as a work contract, sworn statement, rental contract, car purchase, marriage license, apartment purchase, etc.) they must apply for a special permit, the so-called “Permiso especial para firmar contratos” or also known as "Permiso especial para suscribir documentos", before signing the document.
So, if you sign a contract or document when being in the country as tourist and don't have the special permit officially, the contract is null and void, can be contested and, if you have to present it at a Peruvian authority, usually is not accepted
While for years the Permit to sign contracts had to be applied for in person at any Migraciones office in Peru, in January 2018 the application process was simplified and now the application can be easily done online.
Be aware that you can only apply for the Permit to sign contracts when you are in the country legally, so your tourist (or other temporary visa) / authorization to enter and stay as a tourist in Peru must be valid.
Requirements for the Permit to sign contracts
- Form PA - Autorizaciones y Permisos
- Receipt for paid application fee (code Migraciones 07562; concept Permiso especial para suscribir documentos, S/.15.80 in 2023)
- Be in the country on a valid tourist (other temporary) visa /authorization to enter and stay as a tourist
How to apply for the Permit to sign contracts
To apply for the permit, first pay the fee of S/ 15.80 for the Migraciones administrative procedure "Formulario PA-Autoriz./Permisos y control migratorio" under code 07562 with "Concepto": "Permiso especial para suscribir documentos" at any Banco de la Nacion branch / ATM or on pagalo.pe.
You can find detailed information about how to pay, what you have to do and be aware of, how to register on the online payment platform and how to find the correct fee you have to pay, in our article "Paying administration charges and processing fees in Peru".
Then open the Migraciones Agencia Virtual and click on Entrar. On the next page, select "Extranjero". Then choose in the drop-down menu the document with which you entered Peru (most probably passport), enter your passport number, your birthdate, nationality, the date you entered Peru and the captcha. Click on Verificar.
Now you are on the main page of the Agencia Digital. Here you can either use the search field or find in the menu on the left under "Permisos" the subpoint "Para firmar contratos".Click on it.
Now just fill in required fields and upload the form. Click on the little arrows next to each requirement, and certain fields appear depending on the requirement.
At one point you have to fill in certain information of your bank receipt
- numero de recibo (number of the receipt) which is the "secuencia de pago" on the pagalo receipt
- codigo de verficación (verification code) which is the "codigo control" on the pagalo receipt
- fecha de recibo (date) which is the "fecha de operación" on the pagalo receipt.
After entering the requested info click on Validar.
At the end of the process you get the confirmation of your application with the file number (no. de expediente) and date of application. Download this document and/or print it; keep it safe.
Within 5 business days, the Permit to sign contracts is sent to your e-mail address.
The special Permit to sign contracts is valid for a maximum of 30 days.