- This commment is unpublished.· 17/11/2022@Karlina Hello Karlina,I don't know if you can pay on pagalo.pe when you are abroad. However, the Banco de la Nacion says that you can pay with any Visa, Master or American Express credit or debit card.Anyway, if you are still in Canada, what do you want to pay? Depending on the procedure you have to be in Peru.One option you could try is using a VPN and switch there to Peru. This often helps to access Peruvian websites that won't load from abroad, such as the Interpol page and sometimes the Migraciones Agencia Digital. Perhaps it helps in this case as well.GreetingsEva
All administration charges, processing fees and fines government agencies, public authorities and entities levy in Peru have to be paid at the Banco de la Nacion. While for years this meant standing in long lines at one of the numerous Banco de la Nacion branches, since 2018 you can as well pay online using pagalo.pe.
- General information about paying charges, fees, and fines in Peru
- How to pay at a Banco de la Nacion branch
- How to pay using pagalo.pe
So today, Peruvians and foreigners can still pay at any branch of the Banco de la Nacion. Additionally, payments can be made at some Banco de la Nacion ATMs and online with any Visa, Master or American Express debit or credit card as well as with the Peruvian Billetera Movil on the pagalo.pe website from a computer or with the pagalo.pe app from a smartphone or tablet.
No matter which way you choose to make your payment you have to know:
- which authority, for example Migraciones, Reniec, PNP, Labor Ministry, …, charges the fee
- which code the procedure you want to pay has, for example, 07568 for the Migraciones administrative procedure “Changing of immigration status”; 06637 for a copy of a Peruvian birth or marriage certificate from Reniec; 08141 for the Interpol clearance from the PNP, 05533 for employment contracts of foreigners, …
- Be aware that with some payment codes you can pay different administrative procedures ("concepto"): with the Migraciones code 07562, for example, you can pay for applying for the permit to sign contracts or for the special travel permit; with the code 05533 from the Labor Ministry you can pay either the approval of your work contract or the approval of the extension or modification of your work contract. So, make sure you pay the right thing and amount.
Since the introduction of the Banco de la Nacion online payment system pagalo.pe (see below how it works) the lines at the Banco de la Nacion branches aren’t as bad anymore and payments are usually done quite quickly (at least by Peruvian standards).
Once it's your turn, just give the teller the authority, the code and, if applicable, the "concepto" of the administrative procedure you want to pay; If you don't know the code, the staff is usually able to help.
Be aware that an increasing number of branches only accept payments when you first have created a voucher for your payment on pagalo.pe (see below). Payments at ATMs are only possible with a voucher.
Additionally, you will need your passport (foreigners with residency need their carné, Peruvians their DNI) as the payments are registered under your name and passport (CE, DNI) number. Payments made under other names aren’t accepted. So, make sure your name is written as in your passport (or on your CE, DNI) and your passport (CE, DNI) number is correct. If there is only the slightest inconsistency or a little spelling mistake, the payment isn’t accepted later.
Keep the receipt you get safe! Depending on the administrative procedure, you will later need it either to just prove your payment or to enter certain information and numbers on the receipt in online application forms.
At the beginning of 2018, the Banco de la Nacion introduced their new online payment system called pagalo.pe. On the website or with the app, you can pay the most common fees of some Peruvian government agencies and public authorities easily and quickly online with any Visa, Master or American Express debit or credit card as well as with the Peruvian Billetera Movil.
Since the introduction, an impressive number of charges can now be paid online and others are constantly added; so before heading to the bank, check on pagalo.pe.
To use the online payment system, you first have to register on the pagalo.pe website or download the app and register there. Don’t use other user accounts to pay your fees as most fees are personal and payments under other users won’t be accepted later.
The registration is super simple. On the website just click on “Ingresar” which you can find on the right upper corner, then click on "Registrate" on the bottom right corner of the pop-up window and enter the information required on the next page.
Make sure you use a valid e-mail address you have unrestricted access to. Enter your passport number (CE / DNI number) and your complete (!) name exactly as in your passport (CE / DNI). After clicking “Registrar” you receive an e-mail in which you are asked to confirm your registration. Do so and you are ready to go.
To make online payments or to create a voucher to pay in cash, you now only have to log in to your account by clicking on "Registar" and entering your e-mail address and password.
Then click on the search area "¿Que trámite deseas pagar'?" at the top of the page.
In the drop-down menu, choose the authority, for example, Migraciones, and you will see all administrative procedures, including the codes that you can pay online. Click on the one you want to pay.
As a few codes include different administrative procedures, sometimes you additionally have to choose a “Concepto” on the next page.
Once you do that, the costs for this procedure appear. Then enter your passport (CE /DNI) number and click on "Agregar a carrito".
On the next page, you see the administrative procedure you have chosen and, if you want to pay more than one tramite, you can add others under "Agregar otro pago". When you are ready, accept the terms and conditions and click "Pagar".
Now you can choose to pay with any Visa, Master or American Express debit or credit card or the Billetera Movil by clicking the corresponding icon. Once the payment is cleared, a receipt is sent to your e-mail address.
Or by clicking on the red Banco de la Nacion icon, you can choose to pay in cash at any branch or some ATMs of the Banco de la Nacion with the voucher send to you.
No matter if you make the actual payment with pagalo.pe or at a Banco de la Nacion branch / ATM, keep the receipt you are sent or get safe! You will need it later either just to prove your payment or to enter certain information and numbers on the receipt in online application forms - if you apply for a residence visa, for example.
Be aware that sometimes it might take a few minutes up to an hour or so until the payment is processed. So, give it a bit of time before, for example, applying for your residence visa and entering the details of the receipt on the Agencia Digital.