The Good Shepherd is the Cathedral Church of the Anglican Diocese of Perú. They have been serving the English-speaking community of Lima for over 160 years with services in English and Spanish. In 1849, the first Anglican Chaplain, the Reverend John G. Pearson arrived in Lima after 5 years of negotiations with the British Government with the reluctant approval of Peruvian authorities.
Today the Good Shepherd Church is one of the few well respected English speaking congregations in Lima. The Good Shepherd Church is engaged in supporting numerous social projects. They also offer AA meetings. The church is as well the home of "The Good Companions", Lima's famous English-speaking Amateur theatre group, and the "Scottish Country Dancing Reel Club".