The Policía Nacional del Perú - PNP - is the national police force in the country. It has jurisdiction over Peru's land, sea and air territories.
In case of an emergency (violent crime, intrusion, robbery, drug-related crime or severe traffic accident) call 105, the central emergency number of the police in Peru, which puts you through to a nationwide dispatch service. Dailing 911 works as well.
The Peruvian National Police is divided into numerous subdivisions, each specializing in one area of operation, such as for example:
- Policía de Transito (Traffic police)
- Policía de Turismo (Tourist police)
- Policía Anticorrupción DIRCOCOR (Anti-corruption unit)
- Policía de Investigaciones DIRINCRI (Criminal investigations unit)
- Policia Antidrogas DIRANDRO (Anti-narcotics unit)
If you are looking for the contact details of a specific police station (Comisaria) or one of their special units (e.g. vehicle theft, criminal investigation, etc.), please visit the homepage of the Policía Nacional del Perú.
Tourists in need of assistance or protection or who are in trouble or in any way involved in a crime should contact the Tourist Police.