Created in 1971, the National Chamber of Tourism of Peru - CANATUR - is a non-political and non-profit association bringing together institutions, organizations, companies and people who carry out activities related to tourism in Peru.
CANATUR aims to promote competitiveness and sustainable development of tourism in a dynamic, proactive and representative way.
- support its associates and promote the development of an optimal business climate and Peru as a sustainable tourist destination
- contribute to the economic and social development of the country
- promote tourism in the country
- represent the private tourism sector in the country and abroad
- form and maintain a general registry of companies and people linked to the tourism sector
- promote and properly maintain a library that contains studies, brochures, magazines and in general all documents and publications relating to tourism activity both in Peru and in other countries
- ensure that associates activities are carried out within an ethical framework of good faith, camaraderie and correctness
- promote studies, research, courses and debates that favor the development and promotion of tourism
- promote international certifications for compliance with health protocols in tourist destinations and services in the country
- promote the formation, training and professional improvement of the personnel that provides tourism services