Cima is a non-profit organization that provides assistance to boys who live on the streets or find themselves in high-risk situations. CIMA welcomes boys that suffer, have lost hope and have been rejected by their own families. Boys from nine to sixteen years of age are accommodated with the goal of reinstating them in their homes and in society. CIMA tries their best to provide the boys with a home where they can satisfy their basic needs of affection, housing, food, health and education. Projecting values such as teamwork, discipline, commitment and respect is an integral part of life at the CIMA home.
CIMA areal with inviting houses
CIMA offers numerous workshops where the adolescents not only learn all sorst of skills, but also teamwork, discipline and commitment
CIMA has its own little honey farm
The kids love playing music
Organic farming at CIMA
The home is located in Cieneguilla, about 21km from Lima's center. Six dormitory buildings can each house up to 16 boys. On the 12,000sqm areal there are areas for administrative use, classrooms, trade shops, a library, a music hall, a bio-farm, a sports court, a gym, a chapel, gardens, a small animal nursery and other recreational facilities. Multi- disciplinary professionals dedicate their time to supervise, assist and guide the boys.
How you can help CIMA
- Volunteer: You can work with the boys of CIMA by giving your time to contribute toward the integral formation and the improvement of self esteem.
- Make a special contribution: These contributions are designated to cover a specific necessity or to finance any of the infrastructure improvement projects
- Make an annual donation: These are made once a year to cover a specific need.
- Become a "godparent". For US$ 100 per month you can be part of the "Padrinos" program and cover the costs for supporting and developing a boy.
- Become a "friend". For US$ 20 per month you can be part of the "Amigos" program and partially cover the support and development of a boy. For further information get in contact with CIMA
- Donate goods: You can also contribute consumable goods, basic products, food, clothes, shoes, books, school supplies, medicines, tools, electrical equipment, computers, etc. Everything is needed and welcome!
Handicrafts workshop at CIMA
A good school education is an important base for later success.
Knitting even for the boys at CIMA
And thanks to donations computers hyave found their way into CIMA
Playing at CIMA
For more information get directly in contact with CIMA