Casa Belen, the social project of the German Evangelic Lutheran Church in Lima, is a day care center for children in the district of Breña, a very poor area just a few blocks away from Lima's city center. Casa Belen was founded in 1965 and today looks after over 160 children
The children come from miserable and poor circumstances, their mothers are often single parents and thanks to the Casa Belen can at least work for a few Soles to support their families.
At the Casa Belen the children find a loving and caring day home. They receive an overall support from qualified social care workers, well balanced food and medical care. The school children are as well supported with their homework by qualified teachers. Additionally the Casa Belen offers support to the parents on all educational and social issues. Visitors are always welcome!
Playing with buildings bricks in the Casa Belen
Playtime in Casa Belen
Playing outside in the patio of Casa Belen
It's lunch time at Casa Belen
It seems that not only the kids have fun at Casa Belen, but the child care workers as well
How can you help the Casa Belen?
- Volunteer: Casa Belen welcomes all volunteers that are willing to get involved for a time period of at least 3 month up to 12 month. However Spanish knowledge is a must.
- Donate money: Please get in contact with the Evangelic Lutheran Church
- Purchase items at the Christmas bazar of the Evangelic Lutheran Church
- Become a godparent: With your donation you can (partially) cover the costs for the support and development of a child
- Become a member of the Casa Belen Association
For more information, please get in contact with the Evangelic Lutheran Church in San Isidro